Friday, March 23, 2012

March 23, 1931 and March 23, 1988.





The first poem of the video for today (till 2:03) -


Nazm-e-Bhagat Singh.





Bhagat Singh

When my grandfather was born you were 12 years old
Saluting with reverence
the sacred soil of Jallianwala

When my grandfather was 12 years old
you attained martyrdom at the age of 24 years

When he attained the age of 24 year
You were still a youngman of 24 years

When my father came of age
You were still a youngman of 24 years

When I was of 24 years
You were still a youngman of 24 years

I attained 25, 26, 27, ….37 years of age
You remained a youngman of 24 years

On my every birthday
I march towards old age by one year
But on your every martyrdom day
You remain a youngman of 24 years

Every mother blesses her son
For long life and youthfulness
But indeed you are ever living youngman
Enjoying eternal youth
You will be of the same age as ever
when any coming generation will attain youth



- Jaswant Zafar


The most dangerous of all is the death of our dreams. 

On March 23, 1988, Avtar Singh Paash was shot dead. 


Sab ton khatarnak oh chann hunda hai
jo har katal kaand de baad
sunn hoye vehrhya vich charhda hai
par tuhadiyan akhan nu mirchaN wang nahi larhda hai.






No comments:

Post a Comment